DBI Cheats

I completely agree, it need to be it own forum topic so that we can have a thread per tip or trick (or is it trick or treat today :scream::ghost:)

If you hold down control when using the arrow keys, then it moves 10 pixels instead of the 1 when you don’t hold down control key.

1 Like

Doesn’t work on osx Chrome

This is all interesting but very unorganised as there are no categories or anything like that. hard to find things

It should work on Chrome as well (at least it does for me). Can you confirm you are holding down the “ctrl” key and hitting the arrow keys? If indeed it doesn’t work with you then we can work with the support team to further investigate.

I wish I could refute that, but you are correct! Unfortunately, when this thread was first created it was prior to our new User Forums structure, making it much more difficult to separate (and navigate) threads. Since there’s such a great wealth of knowledge in this thread, we felt it worthwhile to keep it (as cumbersome as it is) vs. removing it entirely.

That being said, it is now easier to search for the cheats within this thread using our new, advanced search functionality (you just may need to know what you’re searching for :wink:)

We’ve also separated our tips of the week into individual threads now so they are much easier to find. A great starting place as well is our business intelligence resources thread - we update this frequently with new content.

Could Lock this tread and make a new Category for new ones to go?

Someone (I know that saying someone normally means no one) should go through this thread and pull out and categorise the gold nuggets buried within.
In the way that the script library / documentations are sorted into categories (data / design etc). the tips can also be arranged like that.

I would if I could create new categories. :smiling_imp:

:raising_hand_man: I know someone who can do it!

All jokes aside, we are working on finding ways for which we can better organize these “cheats” and “tips”. We’ve thought about separating them from this category, and applying them into the categories they refer to, however, there’s the risk they’ll get lost in the rest of the discussion.

Part of what’s so great about this new User Forum model though, is that the search functionality is very powerful, so while it may not be practical to sift and read through every “cheat”, if you search for something, it’s highly likely a relevant “cheat” will appear. So we won’t be locking this thread until we’re certain we can organize all the content that resides here properly within appropriate threads.

In the meantime you’ll have to settle for scrolling and searching :blush:

1 Like

Really nice work good job

Very nice Dundas Cheat Sheets.

All of these are awesome.

I have posted a script to disable / enable the schedules of all cubes in a project.
This was in answer to a question, and is available here

Add weather historical data to map against your actual data, not just the weather now feature shown in the blog (https://www.dundas.com/support/blog/adding-weather-data-to-dundas-bi-is-a-breeze). Many retail purchasing activities are driven by weather events, for instance, people buy more chocolate when it cools, bbq items start selling quickly is weather improves especially after long cool periods. www.aerisweather.com has some great API data and historical data that can be downloaded.

1 Like

very helpful! good!!

yea, I agree with this. This is a tricky resource to use in the current format. And I imagine it will just keep getting BIGGER!

Not really a code specific cheat, but something the analysts and developers here are working on implementing / using is using a layer on our dashboards to communicate, keep script we’re using, data… Especially for projects where one primary person is working on it and others may jump in occasionally, it’s nice to have this resource right there in a place you don’t have to hunt for it and go outside your workflow.

1 Like

very nice information

These are nice tips for all level of Dundas profesionals