Showing values without hierarchy name appended in top axis on point chart

Hello, I had a similar issue with a heat map here:

And am trying to get this to work in a category horizontal axis on a point chart. If I set the top axis alone, it appears at the bottom without labels even if labels are set in the data analysis panel. If I share the same scale with the bottom axis, it will appear at the top but with the hierarchy name appended.

I resolved this issue previously with the advice to set the top axis as the horizontal axis in the Properties panel, but this is only an option for heat maps. In this point chart, I can only add and remove bottom and top axes, not choose which are the horizontal axis. How do I correct this here? If I remove the bottom axis, all the categories disappear and everything is grouped together.

Also, it would be great if we could make it so that top axis labels always appear at the top without syncing with the bottom axis first.

Regarding your issue Lindsey, I have one solution for you. Sharing Axis is not required.
Try following these steps:

1. Delete the bottom axis. And create top axis from properties.
  2. Go to properties and click on the measure and select horizontal axis as Top axis(new created)
  3. Repeat step #2 for other measure as well(we used two measures before to get triangle states in previous solution ) (This step is specifically for you Lindsey)
  4. Go to visualization tab on data analysis panel and add required hierarchy to TOP AXIS LABEL under AXIS

Let me know if this is still not working now that offset is not there on horizontal axis.