Heat Map with Top Instead of Bottom Axis

Is there any way to change the bottom axis on a heat map to display at the top, or do I have to change the viz to a table?

Hi Lindsey,

Would it work to add a new top axis. Select Share the scale with another chart or axis, then select your bottom axis.

Once that is complete does it work to hide the bottom axis and only show the top axis that you just created?

Yeah, I shouldve mentioned that makes it look like this for some reason (labels no longer centered on columns, name of dimension appended to each label, data labels rotate)

I would double check that your data point labels rotation is set to none otherwise I can’t explain the data label rotation change (maybe check auto fit settings as well).

To fix the strange label names on the top axis I believe you just have to add your top axis label.

My first image is when it is blank. Second after adding the top axis label.

Huh! Mine is already set on top axis label, so I’m not sure what the issue is. The labels are still not centered over the columns but distributed across the entire axis as well.

Oddly I see your frustration because I received the same behavior on my end when I added the top axis through the properties menu and selecting share the scale like I recommended so scratch that idea!

It did work for me when I added the new top axis as horizontal axis. Then went to the Top axis label and added the label. Don’t change the Horizontal axis to whatever top axis you previously created…change it to a new top axis and try again.

1 Like

That works! And fixes the issue with how the intervals were distributed along the axis as well! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like