Share Your Best Dashboards!

As a note, prior to v6 it was possible to style filter controls via CSS (I’m assuming that’s what they did here).

In v6 we’ve introduced parameter styling which will allow you do this kind of thing without CSS (using just the properties), as well as save the styles and create themes with them.

Mohammad, I like the application of the KISS principle - the layout, the simple color scheme and the use of iconography where possible. The increase of data to ink ratio is also telling of a strong dashboard design. Good job!

1 Like

As Terrence says, this is a filter parameter control with a bunch of CSS to change the style. Indeed, in version 6 there are more styling options, but from testing the beta I think such customisation as I have done still needs CSS.

This was designed to provide our sales team with a view into what skills our employees have who will soon be ending an engagement. The primary filters used are front and center, but the ancillary filters can be seen from the fly-out menu. Likewise, that menu also provides an option to see the details of people who make up the data in the charts.

2 Likes

LOVE the information describing each component of the dashboard; such a great way to increase dashboard adoption internally. People are wary enough when trying something new, so why not make it as simple as possible for them :+1::+1:

2 Likes

It may not be as fancy as many of the boards here, but let me explain our usage. We have 8 TVs on the wall of the “pit” (where our analysts sit). The screens are great for use as dashboards, but because of the physical limitations and the volume of data, they need to be digested at-a-glance at a distance where text can’t be read. Most of our boards use large numbers and state groups for colour-coding, but I’m particularly proud of this one. The intent isn’t to be able to read individual numbers (I have on-demand reports for that), the point is to indicate to us that there’s a problem. I can tell, at a glance, when one analyst is an “outlier”, and that’s my prompt to dig further. In this screenshot, I can tell that 3 analysts have an abnormal number of Active tickets vs. the rest, so it’s a cue to spend a couple minutes checking their queues.
Next step is to figure out if I can colour-code when they’re N% above the average for that column. If anyone knows how to do that, I’m happy to hear ideas! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The best way of doing this would be to create a separate formula to calculate the percentage that the particular measure is above the average, which should be fairly straightforward! You’ll want to make this measure invisible, which you can do through your table’s properties by unchecking the visible property.

From there, you can achieve color coding by using states.

https://www.dundas.com/Support/learning/documentation/analyze-data/set-up-states-on-a-metric-set
https://www.dundas.com/Support/videos/states

Set up your state group on the Active measure, then when creating the state, use the % above average formula created earlier and make the comparison expression based off that. You should see results after, but you can always modify the kind of styling by going to the Active measure’s properties and then modifying the state styles under the Look tab.

This is our favorite dashboard, not for its visual aesthetics, but because you can talk to it:

3 Likes

This dashboard details flu vaccination uptake by staff members to ensure that patients receive risk free care.

How do you set up ‘near real time’

Hi Yamilet - you might appreciate the video that i did on the subject.

https://www.dundas.com/resources/off-the-charts-tips-from-an-expert/how-to-create-dashboard-analyzes-data-real-time

cheers.

Here is a recent dashboard I created for our clients. This shows up an up to date summary of what is going on with the revenue/expense including totals and execution rates of the budget execution!

6 Likes

Easy to read (even if you do not know the language).
Nice one.

Nice clean dashboard - it shows that Dundas copes easily with non-english calendars

nice and awesome dashboard

This is great! I love the minimal design, it gets right to the point.

this is great and awesome dashboard

Full points for being Simple & Clear!

Dig it. Really like the clean look.