What shortcuts do you use?

Hi,

I’m curious to learn about shortcuts that people use in DundasBI. Which shortcuts do you use?
Personally I don’t really use any other than the standard CTRL + C/X/V for copy, cut and paste.

1 Like

Hi Liam,

Only shortcut I really use is SHIFT + Mouse Wheel to increase or decrease the zoom outside of copy and paste you shared above

3 Likes

Hi Liam. I personally use the Shift key when dragging files between folders to move them when organizing them (otherwise this copies the file), and the keyboard shortcuts for positioning elements on dashboards/views can be useful.

Here is a list of all of our keyboard shortcuts, since it can otherwise be difficult to know that they’re available otherwise: https://www.dundas.com/support/learning/documentation/create-view-content/list-of-keyboard-shortcuts

3 Likes

Hi Jamie,

I didn’t realise you could use G and Shift+G for grouping and ungrouping. That’s quite useful, thanks!

1 Like

Allow keys when it comes to layout for me! You can move things a single pixel in each direction or hold CTRL for larger nudges. Couldn’t live without it.

3 Likes

I definitely use all of the above.

Also, Tab key when putting in values in the properties. For example, if I know the layout values of an object, I’ll use tab key to move between them.

Finally, I use ‘F3’ or browser search to find column names within long lists such as the process result in the cube or data previews.

3 Likes

Hello,
I am always using all combinations related with dockable windows. It’s very easy to switch the tabs and to choose the preferred one.

1 Like

One of my favorites is CTRL and ` (backtick). Allows you to shift between view and edit mode.

1 Like

Shift + left click for selecting multiple adapters to arrange them.
When in the open new item dialog box, clicking F2 on the name of the entity to rename it.
In the script editor - selecting multiple lines and then CTRL + / to add comment all the selected lines.

1 Like

I use the Arrow keys to arrange the layout. Seriously, it’s a lifesaver.

I use SHIFT + L to open layers

1 Like

These are all great tips! I’m still a newbie, so I don’t have much to add, but I will be adding these to my toolbox.

2 Likes