Using symbols to represent members of a hierarchy?

I want to replicate this:

(Not shown - each column is a different communications system. The symbols indicate whether status is current and the colors indicate the status.)

$StatusType$ would determine the color and $Current Status$ would determine the shape.

I’ve tried using “State Indicator”, thinking that I would be able to pick the shape based on the value of $StatusType$. However, using “State Indicator” requires defining states which I can only do using Measures.

Is there a clean way to do this? Do I need to add another field in the data cube, assigning numerical values to each of the value in the "$StatusType$ and $Current Status$ fields?

Morning Thomas,

You’ll be able to replicate this with the state indicators. When defining a state, you can leave the Measure field as (None) and then select the dimension/hierarchy you want the state to use in the “Select a Target” field. In the image below, I have a state configured to use the “Current Status” dimension.
And we can see the results when I configure the table to show the check mark when that condition is met

Thanks,
Mark

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks! I was hoping it would be as easy as this.