Usage stats on deleted project

Hi

We are often asked by clients if we can provide statistics on who logged in to a particular dashboard, when and for how long. Luckily for us, Dundas has a ready made dashboard for this, which is fantastic.

My question is related to deleting projects. Say a client has been using version 1 of a dashboard. Now we have made changes and are on version 2 (which is actually a separate project within Dundas). That’s how we do it. Duplicate the project, make changes, and then give them a new link.

Now we want to delete version 1 which is taking up space/messy etc. However, I still want to be able to provide the user with usage stats of version 1.
(I am assuming that when a project is deleted, all usage statistics from it are deleted too. I may be wrong about this though)
Yes, I could run off the statistics before I delete it, which is what I do now.
However, that won’t provide a nice aggregated usage statistics of both projects together.

Just looking to hear how other people handle this sort of scenario.

Thanks

Hi David,

The only time usage tracking data is is automatically deleted is when the System Cleanup job runs, and it only deletes data according to the value of the “View Usage Tracking Data Maximum Age” configuration setting.

so if you deleted the project also Dundas BI will keep the usage information based on the " “View Usage Tracking Data Maximum Age” configuration settings