Underline Table Rows

Hello,

I’ve created an indented rows table. Is there a way to systematically underline specific rows (Example I want to underling rows that have the header Income Loss, Total and All Expenses)? I know I can draw a line but if the report changes in size due to filtering the line stays put. The need would be to have the line move with the table when filtering.

Regards,

I’m not sure if I can help or not, but a visual of this would be really helpful. I think it’s similar to a problem I ran into, but without seeing it, I can’t really guess. Can you share a screenshot or 2?

Sure thing Ken, thanks for trying to brainstorm too. Here is a snapshot. In the example I added the lines by hand through the component section. The issue is when I filter the report and it expands and contracts based off the underlying data, the lines are static and stay in the same location. Trying to think of how I could get them to follow with indicated rows. Looking in both SQL and Dundas for potential solutions.

It may be good to add this is one giant pivot, not multiple tables, else I could potentially add formatting to the grand total.

Just as an additional thought, not sure if this is the best approach. I have started playing around with states. From my SQL database I feed the system a random number in which it can then trigger the state. I have created black cells with the state. Not sure if there are any ways you can update the cell height based off a script for affected states.

1 Like

Not sure if it is of an interest but this is how I created underlines for entirely randomized locations in my indented table.

First I put place holder queries in sql providing a value I would never obtain in between data I want underlined.

Secondly I created a state off that number that creates the background and font as black and 0px. It is important to note that the state style is applied to the entire row and to the row headers.

Thirdly I adjusted the cell padding in the table to 1 for the top and 0 for the bottom. Table default is 5px for each.

Final outcome is below. Not sure if this the best way around it but it seems to work.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing how you came up with a solution to this. Very interesting!

1 Like

Not a problem Rachel, glad it could be of help