Sure thing Ken, thanks for trying to brainstorm too. Here is a snapshot. In the example I added the lines by hand through the component section. The issue is when I filter the report and it expands and contracts based off the underlying data, the lines are static and stay in the same location. Trying to think of how I could get them to follow with indicated rows. Looking in both SQL and Dundas for potential solutions.
It may be good to add this is one giant pivot, not multiple tables, else I could potentially add formatting to the grand total.
Just as an additional thought, not sure if this is the best approach. I have started playing around with states. From my SQL database I feed the system a random number in which it can then trigger the state. I have created black cells with the state. Not sure if there are any ways you can update the cell height based off a script for affected states.