Unable to Upgrade to new version

Hey all,

I tried to upgrade my instance from 5.0.1.1013 to version 6.0.1.1003 with no success.

I download the setup file and then did all of the steps inside the instance, but when i press upgrade on the final steps i got this log message, the upgrade didn’t succeed.

I tried to search what is templib , I saw the templib folder is regarding temp data - but I didn’t say anything on Dundas support site.

the log says the files are locked, so what can I do?

I need to upgrade this instance urgently .

please see the attached file log and error message I got the bellow

7/2/2019 7:04:00 PM: After stopping all the Dundas BI applications, the [TempLib] folder contains files that are locked. The process will be aborted.
7/2/2019 7:04:00 PM: Dundas.BI.Deployment.Exception.DeploymentException: After stopping all the Dundas BI applications, the [TempLib] folder contains files that are locked. The process will be aborted.
at Dundas.BI.Deployment.Task.StopApplicationsTask.TaskExecute()
at Dundas.BI.Deployment.Task.DeploymentTask.TaskExecuteWithErrorHandling()

Please contact support. I would think any of use would be hesitant to give you a suggestion even if we had the same thing because our fix still might not be the right fix do to the possibility of other issues. they can set up a WebEx and see a lot more.

1 Like

I’ve notified the support team of your urgent need and someone will be in touch as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hi All,

For anyone else seeing this, some process outside the scheduler and BI website has locked the files. If these files are locked, then the upgrade will fail. The best way to figure out what is causing the locking of files is to use sysinternals tools -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/handle.

Also to further investigate this, you can check out the following things as well:
1.) Are there more than one website, or scheduler pointed to the DundasBI website files?
2.) When building an extension, is Development environment open?

1 Like