Two different logon screens (Windows only and standard)

Dear all,

in our setup, Dundas users shall only login using Windows authentication which works fine. After timeout, they are taken back to the login screen and shall only use the “Log on with Windows” button. However, the many options shown on the login screen (username, password, register, etc.) sometimes lead to confusion.

Hence, I would want to only show them the “Log on with Windows” button whenever they are logged off. This could work using something like

.loginPage-contentBody {
visibility: hidden;
}

as CSS override.

However, there is sometimes the need to use a local login for testing or to use the local admin user. If I make the login options invisible, I don’t see a way to still login locally when needed.

Is there a way to basically use two different login screens? One with Windows only e.g. by using a CSS override and also the standard one for seldom use for administrators and developers, e.g. by using a parameter in the logon URL like http://myserver/LogOn?CssOverride=false or similar?

Or another idea I thought of: We could create a custom login screen that only supports Windows authentication and use the standard one by appending “?doNotForward=true” as described in the documentation. However, I am missing information on how to create a custom login screen to use Windows authentification.

Any thoughts?

Hi Markus,

There are a couple of ways in which you can achieve this.

1. As you have mentioned, you can hide the .loginPage-contentBody by default and add a code in the Javascript.override.js file that would check for a custom parameter like “CssOverride” and would show/hide the .loginpage-contentBody based on the parameter passed.

2. The second method would be to use the custom logon page with just the “logon with windows” button. You can then set the Custom Logon URL property in the Dundas BI admin panel. To get the “Logon with Windows” button working you can simply redirect the user to “http://myserver/LogOn/Windows” and this would automatically trigger the Windows login functionality.

I hope this answers your question.

To expand on the second point, you would create your own button on the custom logon page, and then this button would redirect to the URL Pankaj mentioned to be, in effect, the Windows logon button.

Dear Pankaj and Christian,

thanks for the information, that helps a lot. I was able to make option 1 work using a little bit of code in the JavaScript override file.