[TIP 55] Dashboard Designer Tool Bar => Tiny Mode

If you are designing your dashboard on a smaller screen (i.e., a 13" laptop), or if you just got used to the icons and can use the extra space for your canvas, you can right-click the Tool Bar and select the Tiny Mode option to change it from this:

To this:

Et voila! You now have smaller icons with no labels that consume less space and are all visible at once with no scrolling.

1 Like

Greate tip

Thanks Jordan

That's great, thanks Jordan!

I’m resurrecting this old thread to ask how to change the default. My designer has always defaulted to normal view and now for the past few days it’s defaulting to tiny mode. How can I change the default back?

To undo tiny mode option, you right click the Tool Bar and select Tiny Mode option which should have a check mark indicating it was previously set.

jfscreenshot1

Once this is done, the tool bar should return back to the default view and the Tiny Mode option would not have a check mark on it.

jfscreenshot2

Hope this helps.

That helps to change it back from tiny mode to regular mode, but what I’m asking is how to change the default back to normal mode. Since the new year, every time I open a new window, I have to reset tiny mode to regular mode, where I didn’t used to have to do that.

This would require further troubleshooting to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

I strongly suggest you contact Dundas Support (support@dundas.com) with information about the version you are using, what actions cause this to happen and if there is any script which may been causing this behavior once the dashboard loads.

Tiny mode is saved in your personalization options. If you uncheck tiny mode and then wait for personalization to save, it should stop happening.

Alternatively you can open your profile screen from the left menu and select ‘Clear Personalization’ and then reload the page which should also solve it.