The Everyone Group

Hi,

I’m trying to give different tenants access to content within the global folder by setting up a group, and then adding this group against the dashboard I need that group to have access to. However the dashboard is only made available when I set “Allow” for all settings within the “Everyone” group and this then makes it appear for every single tenant and every single user attached. Not the outcome I need.

The everyone group as a default security permission seems a bit counter-intuitive won’t this counteract all other groups associated with that dashboard?

Best,

Jack

Hi Jack,

If you only want certain tenants to have access but not everyone, the best thing to do would be to remove (not deny) any privilege assignments from the project for the Everyone group. Then, start adding privilege assignments only for those who should have access. If you want all accounts from a specific tenant to have access, you can grant it to the “Tenant Members” group corresponding to that tenant.

In order for a user to be able to find and view dashboards in a project, you would typically only need to allow the “Read” and “List Folder Contents” privileges.

Hope that helps,
Rob.