Text Search on your Dashboard (Video Tip)

Did you know that Dundas BI has different search options available when looking for specific text? By default, the content creator can choose the type of search the user will experience, but you can push some of this control down to the user if you want. In this video, you’ll learn about simple text search, the search/update button and a simple script to allow the user to pivot the type of search used on their dashboard. Finally, I’ll discuss the differences between Exact, Contains, Starts With, Ends With and Match(wildcard search).

Check it out.

Code Example:

var value = dropDownList1.value;

if (value == "Starts With"){
	parameterTextBox1.control.searchOperator = dundas.QueryFilterOperator.STARTS_WITH;
} 
else if (value == "Ends With") {
	parameterTextBox1.control.searchOperator = dundas.QueryFilterOperator.ENDS_WITH;  
}
else if (value == "Equals") {
	parameterTextBox1.control.searchOperator = dundas.QueryFilterOperator.EQUALS;  
}
else if (value == "Contains") {
	parameterTextBox1.control.searchOperator = dundas.QueryFilterOperator.CONTAINS;  
}
else 
{
	parameterTextBox1.control.searchOperator = dundas.QueryFilterOperator.MATCHES;
}

Also, check out my Live Sample.

If you’d like to learn more, I’d recommend you go to my learning channel - Off the Charts (with Jeff).
https://www.dundas.com/resources/off-the-charts-tips-from-an-expert

2 Likes

What “Starts With” an e and “Ends With” an e and “Contains” a single letter?

W! and that’s my final answer.

just for me to understand: if it’s equal to W, then it doesn’t match too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like