Table group headers

Hello,

I have a table where I am trying to add group column headers(static text) for 2 columns. I tried using the group header option, labels but not getting the static text headers right.

Attaching snapshot of what I am trying to achieve. In the table below Region and Product are my static text items.

Image title

Regards,

Sam

The property you are looking for is Group Text, which you can find in the Text properties of each column. You can find the documentation of the custom groups functionality on the Using a table visualization article.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Elia, that works. I was able to add group texts. Can I add another grouping above the same. So there will be two level of group headers above the column header Sales Region in the example above.

Regards,

Sam

I believe you are looking for 2nd level of grouping text like the following:

Image title

Unfortunately, only one level of grouping is allowed in this manner using Group Text. However, if required and appropriate, you can place a hierarchy under COLUMNS section in the data analysis panel to group columns like the following:

I hope this helps.

Hi Waliur,

Yes, but at this point I do not have a hierarchy as the headers are not from any source. they are texts.

Regards,

Sam

If you need to create more than 2 levels, you can consider creating a scorecard or a report with child groups or simply add static labels above your tables (that option will be easier to setup but won't cover all cases). That being said, can you further explain but what you mean by the hierarchies are not from the source but are just text? how would you envision breaking the data in that case into the separate columns?

Hi

The two level of group headers are static text data that I add from the report end. They are not available in the database(and I do not have an hierarchy). .

Regard's

Sameena

As Waliur mentioned, unfortunately it cannot be done via custom groups. I have added you as a submitter to a similar feature request and someone from the Dundas Support team will notify you when it's ready.

If you have a Developer seat, there are several ways to create a static hierarchy using the Data Cube Designer, which you can then use to arrange the columns. The best method to use will depend on your requirements and data.

For example, I managed to acheive what you need with the following:

1. Create a simple Data Input cube

2. Create a hierarchy based on the Data Input cube

3. Use an Unpivot transform and the new hierarchy on a data cube with the original data

Image title

In this case, you have to uncheck the property Show Redundant Column Headers, and this is my result:

Image title

Thanks for the update on the feature request and workaround.

Sam