Tabel ScrollBar

Hi!

Any idea on how to remove the scrollbar from a table?

Haven't find the option in the properties tab...

I need this because i only want to show the first row of the table (the total row).

Thanks!

Can't find it either - I don't think it exists.

Could you just put a white rectangle over it?

I suspect that there is a better way to just show the total row, hopefully someone knows what that is

If you mean the vertical scroll bar, the only way to get ride of it that I know of is to make the table big enough to show all row, just like with the verticle scroll bar (make it wide enough).

but that does not help you at all, cuase you are wanting to show totals only.

I think you are going to have to make a Data Cube that has just the totals, assuming that you do not have filters on this table that make the totals change.

I have not messed around much with a Data Cube that take sa filter parameter but I think something like that is possible so you might be able to wire something up if you are filtering the table.

edit just thought of a different way.

Wait what about a using a Formula in the metric set to get the total and tell the Metric set not to display the things making up the total?

Hey Octavian,

If you’d like to just show a totals row, you could always use multiple Data Labels for your various measures, as they display a total. You would then use several labels to recreate the appearance of table headers. I’ve included an image of where I have done this.

Image title

Image title

I then changed the background and text color of the labels to match the look of a table.

Hey. Thanks for the reply! Initially I used multiple data labes but I wanted to speed up the dashboard so I replaced 6 data labes with a table.. (I have some calculations on the table too) Since I have two aproximately identical dashboards, I will use datalabels on one, and table on another.

Hi! Thanks for the reply! I will just hide the scroll, because I can''t make the calculations on the cube since I have some dates that I need to filter by in the dashboard. Initially i used the formulas and data labels ...

Yeah, this is the solutions i'll adopt. Thanks!

Just check that it looks right in all browsers. Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer all seem to display tables with different widths.

Another thing you may need to do is to disable using the mouse scroll wheel. You may need a transparent box over it for this

Thanks for the tip!

Note that if all 6 data labels are powered from the same metric set (which should be possible since you have 1 metric set that powers your table) then the speed should be very similar if not better. To do so, just drag your metric set 6 times under the visualizations settings of the data label, just choose a different measure for the text under each label.