Spillover/Bleed over issues while exporting to PDF

I have been trying to export reports to PDF but everytime there is a spillover or bleedover in the report pages.

I have tried by choosing different page layouts (A4, Letter or Custom), by trying different margins (0, 5, 8 or 10 pixel). I need the PDF to be in landscape mode.

What should be my settings (page layout, margin, height and width etc.) of the report so as to make sure that report content fits within each page and does not alter or spillover to other pages?

Most likely this is not an issue with your settings, rather you placed a control or controls outside of your page boundaries. Take a look on the canvas to see whether you have something that's too far to the right.

I checked but there are no controls outside the canvas.

I have set my report page layout as A4 with Landscape orientation and have made sure that height of Template and Body Areas is 773 pixels.

Could the bleedover or Spillover be because of the Header and Footer sections? I am not using any Header or Footer section and they are all blank with a height of about 20 pixels.

It's sometimes hard to see. For example, here:

List Price is actually outisde of the canvas, but you have to hover over it to see:

And this will cause some formatting issues when generating the PDF.

Otherwise, please include some screenshots so I have a better understanding of the situation.

Hi Elia, please find attached the screenshots.

1st is of the Canvas Layout settings.

2nd and 3rd are screenshots of the report pages with all the controls, charts selected so as to confirm that all are within the canvas boundaries.

4th, 5th & 6th are screenshots of the pages from the PDF report showing the effect of bleeding in the pages.

I suggest you break it into segments. Rather than having everything in the body, it looks like you should have a header, three body sections, and a footer.

In your current setup, if the content does not fit on the page it will spill and probably mess up the formatting. Instead you probably want the section that does not fit to move on to the next page.

If this does not resolve it, you will have to send a dbie export to Dundas Support so they can take a closer look.

Thanks, Elia. It is an issue in the Dundas BI. It has been reported to the Support Team and hopefully will be fixed with the Month-end release.