Small Multiples - Total Grouping/Series

HI,

We have used Small Multiples on one of our projects recently and have received a positive feedback, One thing thatour users asked was to add TOTAL series/groupping to our small multiples visualization. I was not sure IF that was possible too wanted to run it here by experts. Please see the attached image for additional explanation.

Thank you for all the help you may offer here.

-Semir

Hi Semir,

The image seems a bit cut off so I’m not sure exactly where you wanted the total, but since this small multiple seems to be placed on a dashboard adding a separate but similar table containing just the total data below the small multiple is at least one option. Small multiples with the “Advanced Mode” switched on from the toolbar also have headers & footers where you can place content outside of the repeated data you already have, but the corner footer locations may not be what you want here and the column footers are repeated under each column.

1 Like

HI Jamie,

Thank you, I will def try that workaround. I would like to add the Total grid/series in that screenshot right NEXT to the last small multiples - so say I have 6 different payers (my example), I may have 2 rows x 3 columns with three payer types (small multiples) in row 1 and three payer types in row 2. Then Total would just be next, in row 3 in a first column (ie next series).
Wish Small Multiples would have that functionality similar to standard chart/table visualization where you can chose to include/exclude Total series/column so this would be out of box but like I said will def give it a try.

Thank you!