Share Your Best Dashboards!

Looks great. I would abbreviate the month name to 3 letters or just reformat to show the month number. Also try switching to the dark theme for better legibility.

Clean and easy to understand. Looks good, even though I don’t understand the language, based on your visual I have an idea of what things mean.

Nice visuals, I don’t understand the language, but I really like the main line graph, in the middle and colors.

This is a dashboard I created as the new default home page for our users – which looked a bit nicer before I removed all the axis labels and scrambled the various text. I used the two Off the Charts videos (links below) from @jeff as inspiration. The top left navigation is the menu control available in V7 and references items in the Global project and the bottom left navigations are tile navigations to the various Projects. I created about 20 dashboards to start with that the users could choose to have in their default view. I expanded on Jeff’s example by making the title in each segment pop up a new tab with a related full-size dashboard when clicked. I also created a help layer that will show contact information on each segment so a user knows who to contact with questions. I created another data input cube that logs when a user selects a new dashboard for a particular segment so that I have a record of what dashboards are being used. Finally, I created a template sized for this 6-segment version to make it easier for power users to create new dashboards that could be used as segment options. The button Design View is a quick way to get to the default Dundas home screen for those power users that want to edit or create objects.

Please keep the Off the Charts videos coming, they are so incredibly helpful!

https://www.dundas.com/resources/off-the-charts-tips-from-an-expert/elevate-your-dashboards-reports/enhance-business-intelligence-user-experience-custom-menu-navigation-controls
https://www.dundas.com/resources/off-the-charts-tips-from-an-expert/elevate-your-dashboards-reports/build-it-dream-it-self-service-dashboard

3 Likes

Awesome work Kelly and thank you for sharing! I also really appreciate the ‘shout out’ to Off the Charts and I’m glad that you have benefited from it. Always looking for ideas if you have specific content that you think would be helpful! (askjeff@dundas.com)
Cheers.

Good to see a nice an clean dashboard, and in a different language.

Love the dashboard, looks nice and clean. I would add a little color to give it some flare.

Great use case for doughnut charts. My boss HATES all things round in charting, so this is one I can show as example of when it works well.

1 Like

clean and clear. nicely done

Clean and easy to understand. Have you made any changes to it over the years?

clear and concise! just like I like a dashboard!

Your boss is one smart cookie :wink:

Here’s a new sample that I created for my latest video on Diagrams. I don’t see a lot of people display ‘process flow’ visualizations on their dashboards but I think that there is certainly a place for it.

What do you think? Have you ever built anything like this or would you?

Give it a play

I also kind of like how the map/bar overlay turned out. I wasn’t sure it would work but I think it’s pretty cool. The neat part is that it also works with hover over.

The tooltips could use some cleanup but it’s just a sample.

This is great!
Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This is Awesome. Thank you for sharing!

This is one of my favourite threads on this forum and it’s been quiet lately. Does anyone have some new dashboards they can share?

I’ll go first! Here is one of the more interesting dashboards that I’ve had the pleasure of building lately. It’s a true What-If Analysis Style dashboard and contains a ton of interactivity. This dashboard was created as part of my video on What-If Analysis and this video will walk you through some of the how-to as well as a tour of what the dashboard offers.

Hope you like it.

I can’t share the image here, but can describe what I did.

Many people get their parcels delivered to the office, as they are not at home during the day (Yes, we’re back in the office…)
There was a lot of banter about who had received the most parcels, so I built a dashboard to keep track of it. Using the ‘data input’ interaction it took all of about 20 minutes, and using the data image component, the picture of the person with the most parcels is displayed prominently.
Next came a feature request to email the receiver when a parcel had arrived for them, in case they were out of the office that day. Another 10 minutes and an imported Javascript library later, I managed to implement that too.

DundasBI is just so flexible!!

2 Likes

Love it!, congratulations.

We had a similar thing at one point. Even before the dark times of covid, there was a pretty active lunchtime gym group in the office as we had a gym on the main floor of our building. This gym also had Squash Courts, and one of our people put together a squash ladder dashboard that even contained an Elo System to see your rank as you challenge other employees. Excellent idea, also using Data Writeback. I wish I had screenshots of this old dashboard…

This is always my favourite thread.

I’ve updated our old call center dashboard in case anyone is interested; this one was at least eight years old and needed an overhaul.

Typically this is best viewed live as it contains a ton of real-time capabilities, but I’m pretty happy with the still frame view at the same time.

What do you think?

5 Likes