Setting Custom Home Page

The documentation says that by setting the Default Home Page option in the config, you can set up a custom home page for users. I have created a custom home page and set the relative URL in this setting. However, it doesn’t seem to route the user to the custom home page unless I also set the Always Use Custom Home Page option to be checked. When I check that option, then it does route the user correctly.

I would like to put a link on the custom home page that will allow power users to get to the original view of Dundas when they want to, with the menu on the left, the thumbnails in the middle, and the explore on the right, so they can browse or create as needed.

Can someone explain if the intended behavior is that the Default Home Page config setting does not work unless you set the Always Use Custom Home Page option as well?

And/or does anyone know what URL could be used in this case to allow the power users to view the original Dundas view if they are not just in consume mode, they want to create or edit?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @kelly.lowary,

This Custom Home Page is related with page which is displayed for all users which are accessing the Dundas BI app, not the dashboards. As an example, if a user is deleting the last part of the URL and is keeping only the instance address, the user will be immediately redirected to this page. In the past, I’ve created a home page in the project. This page is the starting point for all user of the instance. Here you can configure some links, you can implement some security rules etc.

Yes, by default the Default Home Page configuration option is for when a user logs on to the system, not when they press the home button or are somehow authenticated in another way. It also doesn’t apply if a user has set their own home page as their default view.

You can read more about it on our support page here.

This is to allow a default landing page for users logging in while still allowing them to go to the regular home page after they have logged in.

The Always Use Custom Home Page is an additional configuration option to enforce the user always going to the set home page (i.e. from the ‘Home’ button on the left menu).

1 Like