Sankey Diagram - Percentage From Project to Location of Direct Hours

Hi everyone,

James Davis from Yulista Holding LLC, has shared one of his visualizations that his company uses for monitoring projects.

Here's what James' Sankey Diagram is showing:

**Note - There are no labels as much of the data is confidential**

1 - The intent of this Diagram is to compare one of their main projects (green flows), with a newer project (blue flows) that has not yet started.

2 - They intend to monitor this diagram, and visualize when the new project becomes the main contributor.

3 - As you can gather from the title, each flow represents a percentage of direct hours from each project that are billed at a specific location.

4 - As the new project contributes more and more direct hours, the volume of flows will transition from the original project to the new one, which will ultimately become the new main contributor.

The reason why James and Yulista opted to use a Sankey Diagram to depict these flows is simply because it provides them with a good, quick at-a-glance view of which projects are the main contributors. Once it's visually evident which project is contributing a great percentage of hours, they'll then drill into the actual numbers.

If you have any questions for James regarding his Sankey Diagram, please feel free to ask in the comments below!

1 Like

We ave another one that might be featured soon that shows Azure useage detils, we used the Sankey to show Network usage.

(if you saw this post before I edited it, I submited this a while back and I working on a lot of different dashboards. I had actually forgotten that I made this particular Sankey).

Good use of a sankey.

Wonderfull, good job