Relationships

Hi there,

I have created two user-defined relationships from one master table to the same dimensions table. I need to retrieve the same column name from the dimensions table based on the joins of the respective code ids from the master table. How do I use my user-defined relationships in a report?

Hi Zarina - I hope you have reached out to support if this was urgent or maybe you found what you were looking for. Otherwise, I’m not sure if you are using what we call Reports or not (these are formatted as pages) but user-defined relationships are used the same way in any metric set on both dashboards and reports. In our multi-page reports, a metric set is used to determine the data for each report “group” as you can see in the Data Analysis Panel. Either way, you can simply drag and drop columns that you want from different tables, and the automatic join that takes place will use the relationship you defined. You can also use a hierarchy you created from the main menu if you prefer.
Automatic joins and hierarchies | Analyze Data | Documentation | Learning (dundas.com)
Report basics and concepts | Create & View Content | Documentation | Learning (dundas.com)

If you have nested/child report groups in a multi-page report, these have separate metric sets but you can set up or change the links between them if necessary by clicking the link icon, shown & described as part of this walkthrough: Designing an inventory report | Create & View Content | Documentation | Learning (dundas.com)