Refreshing Filter Values after Data Changed

Hey all,

I have a dashboard that displays a table with the result set from a stored proc that accepts dates from the user via date picker on this dashboard. The parameters have been mapped and the proc executes as it should, displaying the data on the dashboard.
The only issue I’m having is getting the filters to update. I have a parameter hierarchy picker filter on the dashboard to select a hierarchy value, which only allows selections that were available when the dashboard loaded, which in this case is none.
How would I go about refreshing the filter to show the new values after the proc executes?
I’m assuming this can be done by adding a script to the data changed action of the table, but I’m having trouble nailing it down.

Thanks for any help!

Jim

Jim,

Are you using bridge parameters or just the default filter of Dundas?

Regards,

Renzi

Hey Renzi,

I’m just using the default filter for this.

Thanks,
Jim

Is the parameter hierarchy members auto-generated from the metric set or are you defining what would be shown under
image ?

If in the latter, the hierarchy will try to look for the values that you’ve defined before and if it fails to find it on the updated metric set it you not display any members.

It is auto-generated from the metric set. I connected the filter to the desired hierarchy, in this case staff, and this is what I get post execution.

The two date pickers are used to input the @startDate and @endDate in the stored proc, executing it.

If I right-click the table and filter the same column I get this as well:

Really I’d like to figure out how to have the filters reflect the updated data in the metric set when the data is changed, because the data will be drastically different given a different date range.

Thanks,
Jim

1 Like