Production Dashboard

I was trying to build a dashboard that is very similar to Production Dashboard with customized diagrams. My question is Do I need to have a customized map from Visio or i can have a map from Paint and add it as a diagram? Also, Can I find specific steps for this.

Thanks,

Hi Manasi,
The diagram requires map files in specific formats, such as SVG or XAML extension format. Therefore, you would use Visio for the diagram map. I would like to point out that you may find more detailed information from this article on the Dundas BI support site:
https://www.dundas.com/support/learning/documentation/data-visualizations/adding-a-diagram

1 Like

Hi Jay,
I appreciate your help!
I need some more help with creating diagrams. I am having issue with linking data with visio diagram. Can you suggest me on that.

Thanks,

Hi Manasi,

The biggest thing about the diagrams is that you need to name your closed paths/points. Dundas BI matches the names of each path to your data when it’s applying the colouring for you. If you want to test if you did it right, import a diagram into Dundas BI and look at the list of “Shapes” that get imported. If you see them all named ‘shape1, shape2…shapeN’ then it’s not getting names that are useful and you can’t do any data binding.

1 Like

Hello,

I checked the Shapes and it lists the Door, Sheet and Standard Box. But my diagram does not consist any doors. Also, what is the Sheet in the diagram.
I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

It’s difficult for us to help in this way. If you don’t mind, i’ll get one of our support members to reach out to you. This way, you can share the diagram you have with them and they can point you in the right direction if there are any issues they see.

1 Like

Yes that works for me. Looking forward to it.