Problem updating metric set/dashboard on data cube changes

Hi everyone,

we got an issue that cannot properly understand.
We have an in memory cube made by an mysql query and after changing this query we don’t have any feedback in dashboard’s data.

We are currently testing to understand why (we try to build cube several time, add and remove some data in DB) and still no change neither in metric set and in dashboard elements (auto generated metric set i suppose).

If someone had a similar issue and can help me to go out from this fog i will be really gratefull.

Thanks !!!

Hi Daniele,

To try to understand what is happening, it’s best to work from the data to dashboard.

1. On a new Cube, try your query directly with a manual select - no warehousing? Is it previewing data?
  2. Now turn on warehousing. Check the admin screen to make sure it’s finished building and test it with a simple new metric set on a new dashboard. Any Data?
  3. Can you re-create your visual that isn’t working with the new data set?
  4. Can you create a visual with your failed Data Cube when warehoused?
  5. Does turning off warehousing help?

Once you have a better clue about where the problem is happening, please share any details and we can take a deeper look. I can also have someone in support reach out if you need more assistance - just let me know.

I know this is 11 days old and hopefully they got it fixed.
The key point i read was that they mad a change in the query. My question is did that change the column list or column names or type? did any of that happen in the SQL or maybe the data cube you have renamed the columns, maybe the cube’s column unique name got changed when you changed the query. I had that happen more time than I care to remember.