Pareto States

I have created a pareto like chart using a simple bar and line graph. Is there a way that I can create some type of state that highlights the bucket that a given value resides? For example, $56 is in the bucket for $54.86%, I would want to somehow make that bar stick out from the rest.

Hi Patrick,

I believe you can setup states similar to how you would set them up on a metric set. You can select whether you want the state to be indicated on the bar, line or both.

I went to edit full screen mode of the Pareto, accessed the set up states and completed the state rule below. If you want to set it up using a measure you can do so as well.

I really hope this helps!
Thanks

Thanks @derek.sell this makes perfect sense. I think the only issue I would run into is my buckets change based off the data I am analyzing. I have full control over the SQL database I work with so my solution was to add two columns to the data set, one the price and one the percentage. They are controlled by a Boolean that says if the price falls into a bucket then provide me the data. From this I was able to mark the chart.

Here’s a mockup of it below.

Hi Patrick,

I just wanted to close the loop on my end because I am unable to think of a solution. Wish I was able to help more.

1 Like