Parameter Value Changed event not firing on Token selection

I have script that I want to run when a filter is changed. The script runs when a parameter value is changed but does not run when the All Token or Invert Selection token is selected on the filter. I tested this under the Parameter Value changed event and the Value changed event and it does not appear to fire on either. I want to capture when they select the All token, is this possible?

To reproduce, create a blank dashboard, add a dimension from a data cube to create a table. Add a value filter on the dimension. Add alert(‘test’); under the Parameter Value changed event. It fires when a filter value is selected but not when the All token is selected.

Thank you.

It works for me on “parameter value changed”. The “value changed” event will not work for tokens, but that is by design - value changed is only meant to be used to detect when the internal control sets a value - it has no scope of parameter value properties, such as tokens. The parameter value changed checks for the entire parameter value object, which includes tokens.

Are you doing the following - on page load, set the filter value, let the script fire, and then set it to the All token? Or are you simply reloading the page and selecting a token (which the parameter may already default to)? Just to clarify.

Oh wow, you are right, I totally messed up that question, I am sorry. Yes, it does fire in the Parameter Value Changed event, you are right. Something else was messing it up that maybe you can help me with. In the changed event I check the selected value for All by using:
var Result = this.parentView.control.getViewParameterByName(“vpTest”).parameterValue.values[0].uniqueName.split(".")[0];
if (Result == “635FC934-F9B1-4DC6-8531-6A2FCCAB4B67”)
{
//do action
}

Is it possible to check for the token All in a similar way?

Sorry for the confusion.