Navigate to a specific layer from another dashboard

I have dashboard A with 4 layers and Dashboard B with 3 layers.
I want when I click Triages button in Dashboard B navigate to Dashboard A Triage Layer.
Each button in Dashboard A represents a layer. Navigate is not an option for the second and third button because it allows me to navigate to Dashboard A but not to a specific layer. Help Please!!

Dashboard%20A Dashboard A

Dashboard%20B Dashboard B

Hi Alice,

if I’m understanding correctly, clicking your button on Dashboard B has a navigation interaction set up to navigate to Dashboard A triage layer?

Once inside of dashboard A you want to be able to change layers? If that is the case then I would recommend using the show/hide interaction to show/hide different layers.

Derek

I don’t have any problem navigating in the same dashboard. But I want if I am in Dashboard B and click the triage button i want to navigate to Dashboard A Triage Layer

Hi Alice,

Can’t you just use a parameter passed thru the URL that will indicate which layer you want to show/hide by using something like:
if ($MyParameter.$value === selectLayer1)
{
//show layer1
// and hide all the other layers
}
else if ($MyParameter$.value === selectLayer2)
{
// show layer2
}
else
{
// show default layer
}

In the OnLoad() of the targeted Dashboard?

1 Like

Hi Alice,

To achieve this requirements you may need to use menu component and instead of having layers for each dashboard, you can just use a single subcanvas view container and you can integrate the menu component, so that whatever you have selected in the menu is displayed in that view container. Please see the link for your reference. Hope this will works for you

I would do something like what @romero.olivier suggested, but it would have to be on ready, not on load as the layers don’t exist at that point.
In fact I have done it before, but used the browser’s session storage to pass the information across.
It would be great to have such a feature built in though - we do have many dashboards with tabbed views as layers which are pretending to be separate pages but actually are the same dashboard.

2 Likes