Keep cubes schedule

Hello,

It is possible to keep the schedule for the cubes when I move a project from a instance to another?
The scenario is: let’s say you want to move a project from Dev instance to QA instance. On this project there are 100 cubes in memory and you must create the schedule for each cube.
What is the best practice for this case?

Thank you!

1 Like

What version are you on?

I would love for this feature to be added.

Currently the only way would be a script AFAIK

1 Like

@james.davis I am using 6.0.3.1001.

Hi Everyone,

As far as the Dundas BI Exporter is concerned, as of version 6.x it should already be possible to transfer warehouse jobs and their schedules when exporting. The behavior is happening by default and there is no specific option in the export to ask for it.

It’s possible you’re not seeing warehouse schedules occur in the export because you have migrated your data cube once and then created a warehouse job (with or without schedule) independently on the target instance. If you did created this on the target, the next time you migrate the cube, the source job won’t overwrite the target but will instead silently skip it, no error, no questions about it. The proper way is always import the job from source instance and not create it on target.

To make this work, delete everything from the target and re-import the content.

hope this helps.