Is there Settings for Fonts and colors

I already know there a huge possibility that the answer is going to be use Apply Styles, but that is too over sweeping for what I am wanting (at least the way I understand it).

I just want to know if there is a way to set the defaults used for the Fonts settings?

Like Color, Family, Size, Weight and others (but I don’t currently set those).

I mean there is already a default used each time you make a new Metric Set it is using some default set of setting for all this. I just want to go in there and change it to Arial Bold Black (RBG 30,30,30) and have a larger default font size righ off the bat when I create a new one.

Also have the default color of the Axis Appearance Stroke to be Black (RBG 30,30,30).

Where is this? if it is an Admin only thing mine does most every thing I ask of them.

Thanks

James

That is a very good question! You can make changes to the styling using CSS overrides.

For example, you can override the font family for the whole instance:

body{ font-family:Arial;}

Or override the font family for separate classes:

.dataGrid{font-family:Arial;}

Take a look at our white labeling article for more details about that.

I started to read that, I knew I should have. Got busy trying to get stuff done. I think I might read that tomorrow and try it out.

I have a question on the White Labeling:

At what point does it do the override and is there anything that can override it?

If that is the final override and nothing overrides it then it will not work for what I am wanting.

What I am wanting to change is the default font used when you make a new metric set and want to be able to make changes if needed that do not get overridden.

Make new metric set and go to fonts and see that it has been already set to Ariel size 26 bold because most of the time but not all that what I want but still be able to change it like I can now (well have to for each new one).

Will the White Labeling do that, or just override any setting I put when I make the metric set?

As you have assumed, the override is the final setting and the changes you will make on the UI will not change it.

For what you are describing, the closest option would be to apply a default theme.

This was not announced yet, but one of the features in the coming Version 5 will probably help your case as well – you will be able to indicate the font settings for the whole dashboard.