I have a problem with the filter.

Hi,
I have a problem with the filter.
In the hierarchy that is linked to the filter, the days of the week are arranged in sequence.

In the filter on the dashboard, he sets it alphabetically for me.

This is a checkbox filter that depends on me. Reordering properties works until “Check In”.

I will be grateful for any suggestions.

Hi Pawel,

I encountered a similar problem with a checkbox list filter where if I rearranged them in the properties the change would appear until check-in.

Check to make sure the property box Manual Items is checked. Once that is enabled you should be able to rearrange in the properties just as before but this time with the change remaining after check-in.

I find myself always wanting to say hope this helps but that’s Jeff’s slogan :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the hint. I tested it and actually the order is OK.
The problem is that after checking the dashboard, the filter box is unchecked. :wink:
I wonder if you can set them all with script?
In the properties I set,

Hi Pawel,

My advise to reorder worked for reordering but now the boxes are showing unchecked when you want all checked.

I’m not too versed in scripting, hope someone can get you the answer you’re looking for.

Hi Pawel,

I might have missed something, for me the boxes are still showing checked when I check in my dashboard. Before you check in the dashboard, can you view (not sandbox view) the dashboard and check all the boxes, and go back to edit mode and check in. Will this keep the boxes checked when you check in your dashboard?

I also have the script for you to check all the boxes in case the above doesn’t work for you. You can add something similar on the Dashboard Ready event:

//get all the items from the checkbox.
//(you many have a different parameterCheckboxList name. Update your parameterCheckboxList name accordingly)
var items = parameterCheckboxList1.control.items;

//loop through the checkbox items and set them to checked
items.forEach(function(item){
item.value = true;
});

Hi Sandy,

Not speaking for Pawel but the behavior I experience is when the manual items checkbox is checked and then you select an item as checked it will revert back to unchecked after checking in the dashboard even when using the view method you mention.

If manual items is not checked and you select an item as checked it will remain checked after checking in the dashboard. However Pawel wanted to rearrange the order which is why I pointed him towards using the manual items checkbox.

Thank you all,

Script did the trick.
Although this is the strange functionality of the program? :wink:
Derek, it’s exactly as you type, either sequentially and no checkbox or alphabetical and chckbox.

I noticed the same behavior. I asked and as it turns out, it is by design. This is because hierarchy members can change at any time, so we have to load them every single time the dashboard is loaded. Instead, what you’ll have to do is edit the hierarchy itself and modify how it is sorted.

At that point, you can just add a top override which lists the days of the week in their natural order. At this point, a checkbox filter, like any other, should respect the sorting order and overrides you have established at the hierarchy level.

1 Like

Thanks @christianp for the detailed explanation! I really appreciate you taking the time to explain the reasoning.

Christian,

I have the hierarchy set from the very beginning as you wrote. Unfortunately, this method did not work, hence my question on the forum.

Unless in “Sort Direction” it should be “Unspecified” and the correct order is defined below?

You guys really appreciate your help, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Try setting it to Unspecified - that’s what I put on my end when I tested this out.