I am Upasana and I have got your back

Technically, I’m a BI Solution Engineer here at Dundas Data Visualization but I’m famously known to provide unconditional support to DBI users with their analytics explorations.

I started my career as a Software Developer in an IT Consulting firm and then went on to assume the role of a Technical Analyst before pursuing my master’s in Data Analytics from Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands and Université Nice Sophia Antipolis, France. It was an exchange program that involved a year in each of the universities. I remember it as one of the best phases of my life! I don’t remember studying as much as travelling during my time in Europe. Eventually, my love for exploring places brought me to Canada.

I am lover of art and design. I see data visualization as the form of art one paints with numbers and designs. It keeps me hooked for hours! Also because the goal can be something new every time and it’s in the hands of the visualizer how to chart a really interesting story. Perhaps it’s this fascinating intersection of data and design that drew me to Dundas Data Visualization.

My hottest take on the emerging trends in the BI & Analytics industry is that VR/AR enabled visualization would take over the world. Data visualization of complex, huge, and multivariate data will enable people to understand what’s going on inside without having to constantly project and translate between dimensions. Expensive and not useful for all domain but might be great in future to analyze and communicate real-time dense clusters/network-based structures. Also, might be great for educational purpose. I have experience seeing one dealing with social network analysis where the viewer could simply drag to add/remove cluster components and view the changes – it seemed pretty cool!

@tejas.shah likes these introductions to include some hobbies and passions… mine is painting (someday will switch to it full-time). I’ll leave y’all with some of my artwork. Cheers!

11 Likes

Very impressive Upasana! Love how you see data visualization as a form of art one paints.

Can I get a piece of paint with your signature? :wink:

1 Like

I was telling Upasana she should let us keep some of her artwork in our new office space

2 Likes

WOW. That’s really impressive work @upasana

1 Like

Love the paintings. Great to know more about you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW, this is an amazing piece of Art.

1 Like

That art is amazing.
But let’s not get distracted from praising the amazing support that you do!

5 Likes

those are beautiful! I’m so jealous of your talent!

1 Like

Interesting take on the VR/AR debate, Upasana. I know Facebook is trying to head in this direction, but it’s my opinion that they’re overstretching. Your applications seem realistic - data viz, education, etc. They want to make trips to Hawaii on VR! No thanks, I want to smell the air, feel the ground, touch the volcano, ya know? But visualizing data is getting harder and harder with sooo much of it and so many dimensions. To be able to see it all around you, rather than needing 12 monitors?! Yes, sign me up!

1 Like

Wow, that sounds like an amazing university experience. Really appreciate all of the help you provide.

3 Likes

Wow, amazing artwork Upasana!:clap:t6::clap:t6::clap:t6:
If you haven’t worked with her before, she is often tireless until a solution is found.
An awesome colleague, it’s great working with you.

2 Likes

Wow!:star_struck: :star_struck: Such impressive artworks! We should talk more about that during our coffee time :smiley: Loved them!

2 Likes

Hi Upasana! Nice introduction :slight_smile: Always appreciate your help both in support requests and also here at the forum! The Dundas family is lucky to have you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! Amazing art @upasana ! And you definitely have our back! Thanks for all the great work!!!

1 Like

Love your art :slight_smile: Welcome to the team!

1 Like

Love to see you on the team. Great piece of artwork.

1 Like

Beware Upasana, everybody knows that an artwork’s value increases as soon as the artist dies, therefore if your colleagues want to buy yours, they may be plotting something in a Caesar salad style! :rofl:

caesar%20salad

1 Like

Welcome to the club, Upasna!

That art is amazing !! Welcome to the team

Upasana is the best!

1 Like