How Viamedia Transformed Their Way of Managing a Distributed Sales Team

Pretty impressive! Great work! Keep it up!

Sometime we got to do them because that what the end user (the person that can fire you) wants.
I showed someone a Sankey diagram that perfectly answered their question. I got told “I do not want to have to go back to college to learn how to read your chart”. This person did say that maybe some one else would like so keep it but make them something else.

1 Like

Educating end-users is always a challenge and sometimes the answer is indeed to just do what they are comfortable with. That said, in the case where there a couple of options to visualize the data, I recommend adding a radio button or some kind of another button that will allow them to easily switch the type of visualization - for example like on this dashboard - some will prefer the funnel chart and some will prefer trend chart. Using this button, you can start promoting the idea and sometimes (if you are lucky) get a case where you can show them how one is showing things that other doesn’t.

Utilizing the notes for data points looks very interesting. We have a similar need to allow (and encourage) users to comment on data - this case study is a very good example of showing the possibility there.

I gotta say those dashboards look really tidy, Im really interested to know how you did the scrolling comments/noticeboard thing. Great success story!

Truly inspired and will be using some of these design ideas in my future reports with the company colours and stuff. Awesome !

This is actually built-in functionality in Dundas BI that Larry took advantage of. You can read more about that, here.

As for how exactly it was accomplished in this case, @larry.bell may be better suited at answering that than myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice , I liked the idea of using responsive design for the dashboards.

just wonderfull, powerfull responsive dashboard.
It well design and easy to read!

Really nice dashboards. So easy to to view

Good stuff. Decent use of mobile.

impressive dashboard

really like the use of the notations for adding extra info to the data.

Live blog is a great idea for a sales team.

#2 in the “keys to success” can be a big challenge.

I’m wondering how many data sources their distributed sales team had before their Dundas BI solution, and how long their previous processes took without a great solution like this.

This was something they placed a BIG emphasis on. With a project this large, and such a distributed team, in order to gain any traction it was important they had everyone on board, especially upper management. The video they produced came direct from their Chief Revenue Officer, showing how committed they were.

Great story! I love the purple!!

Great dashboards! Thanks for sharing some inspiration!

Well done nice work.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing with us!

If you’re interested in the details of how exactly this was accomplished, check out this post!