How to setup a parameter when the value doesn't exit in this moment

Hello,
How to setup a parameter when the value doesn’t exit in this month?.
According my example, in this month doesn’t exist the District “WHM” but maybe in the next month could be exist. I would like to setup as a default “WHM” in the District field.

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hello,

The members displayed are the members currently available in the database for that particular column. If new members could come in the future that you’d want to include then you need to use the ‘All’ token, or if it’s a range the ‘Open Boundary Token’ to include as-of-yet un-added members.

There’s no way to select members that don’t exist yet since they do not exist.

I run into this alllll the time, too. In fact, some days I won’t get a value to come through the data (because it doesn’t apply that day) and I cannot do any development until the next day when that value exists again. It’s really frustrating. I think a better solution is needed, like an other with a text entry box or something.

1 Like

Thank you Ken, that’s exactly what is happening to me.

1 Like

@terrence - can you help us escalate this to a full feature request? I just realized that in an upcoming development phase, I’m going to have cases of this on the regular and won’t be able to develop filters / states.

But first, I’ve learned to always ask - @jeff - do you already have a video for this? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Always happy to make you a video, if I can! Currently away for a bit on parental leave so going a bit a bit quiet for now.

2 Likes

Understandable, and Congrats!!! That’s coming in December for me too :smiley:

Not to worry, just wanted to check and see if it was something you already covered.

@jorge - another thought that just crossed my mind was to make a ‘fake’ database OR query that send all of the needed entries for dev purposes, and then are switched to the real data afterwards. A real pain, but it may just work in the interim.

1 Like

@jorge, one of the ways around this I have found is take an additional query of the data and place it in your data cube. The only piece of information you will want here is the value you are trying to capture (WHM, WPP, etc.) From here select the distinct list of all the values. Join it with your data input you are querying from, you will want a right or left join based on what table is primary.

From here you can take the variable from your query with all distinct variables and make it your row or slicer. If you want to have it show up in the rows, go to the measure, and for missing data input rule select “Full nulls” I have selected 0 for illustration purposes.

In my example, 9/20 does not contain any info for member no. 1 but it still shows from the sourcing of nulls and the join.

Raw data snapshot

Hope this helps, like @ken said, its a bit of a pain.

1 Like

Also cheers @jeff!!!

1 Like

Thank you so much @patrick

No problem Jorge, if there are any issues with my steps let me know and I can try to better clarify.