How to Rotate Column Hierarchy Headers

How do I rotate the Column Hierarchy Headers in a table?

I can rotate the column header text, but not the hierarchy (in this case, the plant name).

Hi Christopher,

I don’t believe that you can change the rotation orientation of the headers in the data grid. As it seems you have discovered, you can rotate the first row by adjusting the Column Header Style rotation properties.

If this is something that is very important to you, you are more than welcome to open a feature request.

I had an attempt to do this with css and it is not simple in the slightest.
Don’t think you’re going to be able to easily do it - maybe you could put labels on the dashboard separate of the table?

Went back and forth with support on this, and have a solution. Not a straightforward one, but it works.
Final Result:

First, click on the Measure and change the text of the column to be the specific hierarchy (in this case CAOID/plant)

Make sure that the Column Header is Rotated:

Then delete the hierarchy from the visualization section of the metric set.

Now, if I needed to do two rows, I dont think it would be as smooth, or if I had more than one measure to plot, so I think it’s still worth the feature request #84025, but this works for now.

3 Likes

We have tried this. But we see on the initial load it takes minutes to show the table. But after we change one of the filters, the data will be shown instantly. How can we solve this? @jeff

Hi @nick.van.veen,

If you’re seeing performance problems due to these settings, perhaps there’s some optimization to be had. You’re best course is to try to reproduce this with a simple data set and submit an export and data to support so that our team and investigate.