How to go about activating client recipients for reports?

Hi guys,

I'm using Dundas BI to produce a website with several dashboards with certain information for clients. I'm trying to impliment a feature on one dashboard layer where certain administrators at certain levels of the clientelle can opt-in or out of recieving reports (which I've already set-up).

My assumption is that I can use a script (on a button or whatever component) that will add or remove that account the administrator is using from the list of recipients for an existing report.

I'm looking through the API reference on where to begin and I'm getting a bit lost. Should I be looking under dundas.admin.AdminService? Or dundas.aacount.AccountService?

It would be greratly appreciated if anyone could point me into the right direction.

Technically, your assumption is correct. However, at the moment only the creator of the notification can add recipients to the list. This means that the script you are using will have to log onto the session of the creator of this notification before adding the new recipient, which is not something you want to do in JavaScript as it will reveal the username and password. This can be done with a custom MVC controller or ASP.NET page.

Another option is to use the script to create a new notification for that user. This can be done fully in JavaScript, but it will be a complex script where you will have to carefully set up everything for the new notification.

In either case, the API you are looking for will be under Notification Service.

With that being said, I think this is a nice functionality to have inside the application and have submitted a feature request for it (you are on the submitter list for future reference).

Thank you for the information and for putting in a feature request.