Hierarchy or Group?

Hey, guys! This is prob a noob question, but hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. Our Sales team is broken up by Division (US or EU) and then by Silo (a silo is made up of 4 or 5 salespeople) and then by individual salesperson. I need to create a dashboard that allows to drill-down/up between the three levels. The problem is that the silos are not defined anywhere in the data. I tried to create a hierarchy for this because that seems like the way to go, but I’m not sure how to define that second level for the silo. There’s no ID or key that identifies the members of each silo. Should I just be grouping the individual salespeople instead and creating the grouped structure that way?

Thanks!
-Ryan

I have not used the grouping myself (no need yet) but do you have the ability to create a table in your Database? If you do you can make a table that has who belongs to what Silo (and what silo belongs to what Division).

1 Like

Another option if you don’t want to add a mapping table in your database is to use the Data Input in a Data Cube. You could use the concept that I use in this video to create a mapping table and join it against your real data.

https://www.dundas.com/resources/videos/adding-writeback-capabilities-to-your-dashboard

1 Like

Great Call Jeff I didn’t think of that but in the back of my head I was like i think there something in Dundas that can be done.

1 Like

Thanks, guys! I’ll give the Data Input solution a try. :slight_smile: