Hello There!/ Greetings From New Community Manager

Hello everyone!
My name is Ghazaleh, and I am the newest community manager of Dundas BI. I have a passion for tech, pizza, and Grey’s Anatomy ( 19 seasons and still counting ). I was thinking to tell you my story and get to know you guys better, ready? Let’s go!

I started my career as an Industrial Engineer in one of the car manufacturing companies of my country. As a side hustle, I found an opportunity to write for a magazine dedicated to women in tech. It took me a while to realize my heart was into the world of stories, content, and marketing. As a result, I pursued a Diploma in Marketing to lean my studies towards my passion.

A year after, I decided to step out of the engineering world for a while and join an international couture fashion house to run their PR and marketing campaigns. This great experience has broadened my perspective, to move abroad, study a master’s in management and gain the knowledge to lead a team. Consequently, I left my hometown when I was 23, and moved to the country of pizza ( Duuuh!) pasta and gelato, Italy.

During my studies, I kept creating content as a freelancer for multiple magazines and media companies, while sharing my experience as a first gen immigrant on my own blog and growing a community on social media. Being a digital nomad has given me a great chance to travel and feed my curiosity to learn about new cultures. Everything was running smoothly, I thought I have finally figured out what I want for a moment ( you bet) until Boom ! Covid happened! No more travelling, no more fashion weeks or start up weekends, no more exciting stories to tell, and you know the rest of the story.

They say when life gives you lemons, turn that into a lemonade. A few depression periods and mental break downs later, I was asked to join a company as a consultant to their social media accounts. I thought maybe taking this role and coaching new content creators might be my lemonade. Quarantine has given me plenty of time for the things I never had time for, so I said yes! I tried to seize the chance and start passing my knowledge to businesses and creators to generate more creative content on their social media accounts.

That brings us to the last episode of my story, I recently got married to my partner in crime and decided to settle down and build a place called home, in Toronto. Mingling my engineering background and experience in marketing, I am super excited to be here and land myself at Dundas to look after their beautiful community and social media accounts.

That’s all for now :blush: Tell me more about yourself in the comments, I would love to get to know you guys better!

3 Likes

Hi @ghazaleh.ghaffari

Nice to meet you, I wish you much luck at Dundas. It is a great product and the people in the community are great too.

I’ve been here for what feels like forever, and have been working with Dundas BI since version 4 and with Dundas Dashboard before that. I love trying out new things, and sharing my knowledge with others.

I’m sure you get asked this all the time, but I am genuinely curious. How do you pronounce your name, and what is the origin of it?

It sounds like you’ve had quite a journey both career wise as well as geographical and I’m excited to see what you do next here at Dundas!

Oh, and watch out for @jeff I hear he is a bit of a prankster :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi @ghazaleh.ghaffari

Welcome and thanks for sharing! Now I’ve got the itch to travel again soon.

Are you in the pineapple on pizza gang or should pineapple never go on a pizza? I believe the community here was split but I can’t recall.

Hope you enjoy your time at Dundas.

Hi @ghazaleh.ghaffari,
Welcome to this amazing community!!

Hi Derek,
It is a CRIME in Italy to have pineapple on pizza, I’ll have it for desert LOL
Thank you so much!

Thank you so much Jorge :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi David,
Nice to meet you and thank you for your kind words :slight_smile:
The meaning of my name is Gazelle, and it is a Persian name, here I have pronounced it on my LinkedIn profile, let’s connect!

It’s been quite a journey and I am super excited to be here with you guys, thanks!

It’s soo hard to cause mischief in a pre-covid environment with everyone working from home!!! The line between bugging coworkers seems to have fallen into the ‘breaking and entering’ realm. Sad.

1 Like

Welcome @ghazaleh.ghaffari,

I agree 200%, pineapple on pizza is an heresy.

I didn’t know that LinkedIn has that feature. Très cool!!

Nice one.

1 Like

Hi @ghazaleh.ghaffari,
nice to meet you and welcome to the team :slight_smile:

Hi @ghazaleh.ghaffari!

Welcome to Dundas community! I seriously hope that you have a great experience in your new job.

Hi Costin, thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you Olivier, feels good to have allies :))

Thank you so much Luis, so kind of you!

Ghazaleh - Happy to meet you!

Hello and welcome to community !

Nice to meet you and welcome

Hi, thank you so much!