Greetings!

Hello Everybody!

It is so great to meet you all. The name is Mark, and from what I’m told, I’m the lead product trainer here at Dundas (go figure!).

Being a product trainer gives me the opportunity to practice my killer comedy skills with a captive audience. That’s right – there’s no escaping it. I have a BIG personality – again, so I’m told – but my jokes are not always so funny – I’m also being told this a lot… I beg to differ.

Some of you may recognize me from my one-time performance at Disney Land in California in the early 2000’s. I was doing what I like to refer to as a “Super Awesome Polish Folk Dance” – no joke, and no I am not sharing pictures. No one wants to see that. Well, except maybe my mother. I’m still waiting for my big break, but sadly the call for Polish Folk Dancers is limited.

If you haven’t picked up on it yet, I’m really outgoing with more than a hint of sarcastic undertones, which I know is odd for us developers.

I started here at Dundas a little over 6 years ago in R&D and helped bring Dundas BI to life. For the past year I’ve been working as a Consultant and Trainer, which gives me the chance to practice my comedy – there’s literally no escaping it – and talk to people about how they use our software. I like to think I know a thing or two about a thing or two, when it comes to Dundas BI, and if you’re lucky, I may share my years of wisdom with you.

My favorite movie is the Big Lebowski and yes, “Dude Abides.” I like kicking back with a whiskey, scotch or bourbon (old school) – not into craft beers like most people in my age bracket.

A little-known fact around the office, which I am sharing with you here first – even though I am a super positive individual – my favorite word is “ominous.” Chew on that one for a minute! Is this a taste of things to come? How foreboding…

I’m a huge music fan and to find a new artist to listen to, I go looking through album covers in a certain genre and simply choose the most interesting looking one. Only failed spectacularly once so far… If you have any music suggestions, I am all ears! Let’s make that our icebreaker. Let me know in the comments who your favorite artist is, and what song I need to listen to.

I am looking forward to connecting with all of you in the forums and the greater community in general. PS – I’m working on my own Training Channel for the community, which will be coming soon to a theatre near you!

9 Likes

Hey Mark :slight_smile: I had no idea you had a sarcastic undertone!!! I’m excited to have you here in the cube and I’m curious about your training channel. I think you know by now that our music taste has little overlap but I have listened to Peter Fox “Alles neu” all day and it keeps me motivated especially after that post lunch low so I think you should give it a try!

1 Like

For those who don’t know, Mark used to work on the admin section of Dundas BI during his time in R&D. He helped write many of the screens you see today.

So if you find any bugs in the admin section (are there bugs in Dundas BI? :slight_smile:), you’ll know who did it.

1 Like

I haven’t the faintest idea what’s going on in that song (or video), but I’m digging it :+1:

Hi Everyone - I just wanted to be a part of this amazing thread. Welcome Mark.

Also, as the huge music fan that you are (he’s tall)… I find it regrettable that you didn’t like my song selection of “I See Fire” for the company picnic. It was the hottest day of the year and the song title was appropriate!!! Credibility. Meet. Window.

1 Like

Welcome Mark.

If you’re looking for musical inspiration, here is a whole page of compositions to try!

Welcome to the family, Mark!

Nice to meet you Mark! I am not a huge music buff, but I do find I really enjoy listening to classical music while I work. Sorry, no new recommendations, but old is good.

Welcome to the community, Mark!

I’m in the same boat as @melissa.woch! I’m a big fan of listening to classic pianists while I work - right now I’m all about Lang Lang.

And for all you traditionalists out there, I don’t want to here anything about how he’s too modern!

1 Like

Welcome Mark. No specific artist to recommend, but I do like listening to the ‘LoFi’ playlists on Spotify and YouTube as background music for work.

Hello Mark,
I am happy to learn from your knowledge

Hi Mark,
Welcome to the community of DBI.

oh, hi Mark!
Looking forward to the training best practices!

Welcome Mark!!! Nice to have you on board as trainer.

Hi All,

While I continue to mock Mark for his taste in music - please allow me to share some composing of my very own.

It’s been a year, Jeff!
As they say in that popular Disney movie/song, let it go :snowflake:
Although, if we had to do it all over again in 2020, I’d allow it. Along with:

• Down with the sickness by Distrubed
  • One is the Loneliest Number by Three Dog Night
  • Don’t stand so close to me by The Police
  • Bored by Deftones
  • And that awesome song from your video. Obviously.

Hi Mark! Looking forward to the training. Hope to learn new things.

My favorite artist is a Dutch band called Kensington and you could listen to the song Uncharted.

Good to have you as a trainer! Look forward to learn more about Dundas from you :slight_smile:

Nice to meet you Mark :slight_smile: