Filtering by search results is not retrieving all records of the searched values

I have a value filter connected to a table. Now I want to display all the records that starts with “Neo_”. I typed this value in the search box of the filter and selected the checkbox of search results (Assuming checking that box would select all the search values that starts with “Neo_”). The displayed result has missing records. The filter works fine when selected all or individual values. Can someone help me with this?

Hi Vinodhini,

After entering the key word “Neo_” It will show all the values start with “Neo_”. You can select “Search results” in that filter it will show all values start with ”Neo_”. Please see the screen show for your reference

Data source

Please let me know if this works for you

Yes, I tried the same. I selected the checkbox near the search results but the filter is not selecting all the values that start with ‘Neo_’. The filter should have around 8052 values that start with ‘Neo_’ and all that it is selecting is only 150 values and displaying records only related to those 150 values and ignoring the rest.

I had something similar with only the first x number of options were being sent.

Can you scroll to the bottom of the filter and see if all the 8000 are there, or if there’s a down arrow to load more. It could be that they are not all loaded and therefore not all sent. I don’t know a way around this within the filter.

Perhaps look into using a token? I don’t know the exact use case you have

I had a textbox filter which does have the option to specify a search result limit. You could try this, with a ‘starts with’ and see if that helps.

I did have a problem with this when the data request got too big, which you may run into too. Depends on the number of charts and options.
In the end, I had to create a stored procedure on the database and do the filtering on that end. Hopefully someone has an easier solution for you.

Hi Vinodhini,

When we use filter option in Dundas BI it page their data. If filter return so many values, it will crash the pages that’s why Dundas BI enable this kind of limit in filter option. Basically, it retrieves all the value, but it is projecting only 150 values in a single time. To select remining result you can scroll down the filter result, and you will find one down arrow at the bottom. If you click that and select one of the results from there it will automatically load next 150 elements. Please see the screenshot for your reference

Please let me know your findings.