Favorite Dundas BI Data Visualization

My favorite visualisations are bar chart, data label and the new Radar chart. Can’t choose one as a favorite. They did not give any specific insights but I use the bar chart and data label a lot and I am looking at the radar charts in Dundas BI 6 beta. So for now it did not give me any insights but I have a lot of fun ideas.

My favorite is the pie char because it is easy to read and none need to be and expert !

My favorite is the bar chart

My favorite is the line chart

My favorite visualization is bar chart

My favorite visual depends on the data displayed and the story we are trying to tell

The new Small Multiples are my favorite.

It easily shows differences among a potentially large dataset.

And depending on the data being visualized, it can actually look pretty cool - http://magictour.free.fr/MKTS.GIF

I don’t know if I CAN pick a favourite. For comparative analysis, there’s just no beating a bar chart (unless you have few enough data categories for a pie). For histograms, it’s all about the line graphs. However, every situation is different. I’m just about to start working with some geographical stats, so I’m looking forward to playing around with a map-based heatmap.

1 Like

I love the tree map! I think it’s such an interesting way to make big data quantities and statistics more accessible to people. It really can be staggering to compare numbers in this way. It is great for demographic related data, which are huge for our many grant funded programs. We are not currently using it on any live dashboards, but I hope we are able to.

Other then that, I really do think I love bar charts. So useful and easy to understand, and I love the way the formula tools make them even more useful in Dundas.

Relational/tree

Tree Maps

Sunburst, Sankey and tree maps

Sunburst and relational tree are my favourite!

My favorite visualization is bar and stacked bar chart

I really like the concept of cycle plots.

https://www.dundas.com/resources/off-the-charts-tips-from-an-expert/how-cycle-plot-change-your-life

Big fan of heatmaps.

The Heat Maps are probably my favorite. I like the use of color with visualizations. They are easy to read and understand with no prior knowledge and at a quick glance get a good overall picture.

bar charts are by far my most oft used chart because it’s one that is versatile and doesn’t take explanation

Bar charts are generally the easiest for my end users to understand, but I personally love correlation matrix the best. it can help me as an analyst see more of the “why” instead of just the “what”.

I love a good map (when appropriate). I think they’re a great way to show less data savvy users their information and more fun than just slapping a location label on a chart

I love the map which can show information for the respective location…