Export Report to Excel with Formatting and Headers

I may be missing a trick here, but whenever I export a Report to Excel it ignores the Title Header and Formatting on the Data headers…basically I get a plain and exceptionally boring spreadsheet - yuk!

Are there any tricks/scripting or configuration settings that I can play with so that if I export a report to Excel it brings these in, or as a bare minimum the formatting of the Data headers? It can be done with a dashboard after all.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Could you provide more insight on the version of DundasBI as well as the kind of visualizations that you’re using on your report?

To start troubleshooting this issue, You could try fixing the caption on the elements of the group metric set.

Let me know if that works for you.

Hi Satya,

So the report is structured with a Title, company logos and then the data - when we extract to PDF it looks like so:

Which is perfect - however when I extract it to Excel, I get this:

which is just so dull.
When I extract a table from a Dashboard in Excel, admittedly that also does not have the headers, which is a shame, but at least the table comes out with the headers Bold and with the background colour selected. I was hoping that, as I want to send this report via Excel automatically to the end user rather than them logging into Dundas, that I would be able to make the spreadsheet a little more aesthetically pleasing.
I am not quite sure what you mean by fixing the caption on the elements of the group?

Thanks

Hi Chris,

I apologize for having misunderstood your requirements.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have the feature of exporting the report with all the formatting (like you’ve requested) to excel. Therefore, I created a feature request [Issue 89139] for this and added you to the submitters list.

New feature requests will be reviewed by our R&D team.