Export Redundant Columns Headers in Excel

Hi everyone,

Hoping you can assist. I have a table with headers which looks like the following:

The Supplier Name and Categories are the Row Header Columns, and I am using a hierarchy Date field as the Main column. Then there are the 5 measures as shown on the bottom of the table header, which are classed as Redundant Column headers, to which I have ticked the box to show these.

When I export the report into Excel however I only get the following:

Is there a configuration option that I am missing that will allow me to include the headers of these measures when exporting to Excel?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

That’s odd. What happens if you remove the column hierarchy? Do the measure fields show up in the Export.

Hi Christian,
I have moved the hierarchy to be a slicer instead, and extracted the report, and yes, on this occasion the headers appeared. When I then reinserted the hierarchy back to being a column, the same issue happened again (i.e. FYs show but not the measurable headers) :frowning:
Any idea what could be causing this?
Thanks,
Chris

I see. Which version of Dundas are you using? I see you’ve done some additional styling to make the headers blue, but that looks a lot closer to a style that tables used to default too in older versions (like V7 and older) as opposed to V8/V9.

Also, just to make sure - if you create a brand new table with the exact same metric set bindings (measures/rows/slicer/columns) and without any additional modifications (apart from showing redundant column headers), do you get the same issue in the export? Alteratively, you could also just export what you currently have without styles.