Email Notifications

Hi,

I am trying to set up the system to allow automatic emailing of dashbaords.

I am getting this error message:

Error 1 of 2

Title:
Failed to send email.

Details:
Web response code: Precondition Failed: (Dundas.BI.OperationFailedException)

DoSend
Dundas.BI.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=521861cc52c056d5
Dundas.BI.Services.EmailService
Void DoSend(System.Net.Mail.MailMessage)
at Dundas.BI.Services.EmailService.DoSend(MailMessage mail)
at Dundas.BI.Services.EmailService.SendTestEmailHelper(MailAddress toAddress)
at Dundas.BI.Services.EmailService.SendTestEmail(MailAddress toAddress)
at Dundas.BI.WebApi.Controllers.EmailController.SendTestEmail(EmailOptions options, Nullable`1 sessionId)

Error 2 of 2

Title:
The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at

Details:
Web response code: Precondition Failed: (System.Net.Mail.SmtpException)

CheckResponse
System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
System.Net.Mail.MailCommand
Void CheckResponse(System.Net.Mail.SmtpStatusCode, System.String)
at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, MailAddress from, Boolean allowUnicode)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at Dundas.BI.Services.EmailService.DoSend(MailMessage mail)

Can anyone please advise on how to fix?

Tnx,

Tommy

@tommy.cole
Have you tested your Email settings?
This is in Admin system health.

https://www.dundas.com/support/learning/documentation/administration/view-or-modify-configuration-settings

If these errors are from the test, looks like your email server wants a user name and password on a Secure connection type, possibly SMTP use SSL?

Hi James,

I tried it from our own microsoft exchange emails and then also from a gmail account but getting the same errors.

TC

Unfortunately the only help on the Dundas side is to say make sure you have the settings for Dundas email connect set correctly. I an very confident that if those setting are correct it will work. provided that you email will let it send emails. there are some setting in your email server (I have heard but know little about myself) that can prevent this type of email connection.
This post might help SMTP w/ Azure Hosting & IBM Domino Server
Other than that get with your person in charge of the Email server to make sure it will let this kind of connection to send out emails and ask if you have the right settings.

Hi James,

Got it working now tnx with the help of our IT company. must have been some sort of setting on the mail server…

TC

It has to have been, there not much that can be wrong on the Dundas Application side. It is either you do not have the right settings put in or your email server is not set up to allow it.