Email notifications not working

I configured all the related email settings under Admin (Delivery Type: SMTP, SMTP Server/Username/Password)

From here I open System Health and select “Test Email Settings” and enter my own email. The system runs for a minute or so then spits out this error:

Error 1 of 4

Title:
Failed to send email.

Details:
Web response code: Precondition Failed: (Dundas.BI.OperationFailedException)
at ᙴᑨᔐᕳᓩᒪᘭᖗᘼᖙ.ᓴᖓᔒᖶᐁᕨᔗᔪᐙᕯ(MailMessage mail)
at ᙴᑨᔐᕳᓩᒪᘭᖗᘼᖙ.ᓴᖓᔒᖶᐁᕨᔗᔪᐙᕵ(MailAddress toAddress)
at ᙴᑨᔐᕳᓩᒪᘭᖗᘼᖙ.SendTestEmail(MailAddress toAddress)
at Dundas.BI.WebApi.Controllers.EmailController.SendTestEmail(EmailOptions options, Nullable`1 sessionId)

Error 2 of 4

Title:
Failure sending mail.

Details:
Web response code: Precondition Failed: (System.Net.Mail.SmtpException)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

Error 3 of 4

Title:
Unable to connect to the remote server

Details:
Web response code: Precondition Failed: (System.Net.WebException)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)
at System.Net.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback, Int32 creationTimeout)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.GetConnection()
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

Error 4 of 4

Title:
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 52.34.221.85:25

Details:
Web response code: Precondition Failed: (System.Net.Sockets.SocketException)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

Any suggestions on how I can correct this?

Thanks

Hi Pierre,

The error message means either there is no SMTP Service up and running and listening to the specified port 25 (52.34.221.85:25) or the email server is simply restricted from receiving any request from the server where Dundas BI is installed.

To verify, you can use telnet command from command prompt just to check if the port is open. This probably will not work and in that case, you might need to tweak firewall of the dundas server or email server to allow outbound or inbound requests respectively.

25 is the incorrect port - it should be 587. How do I change this? Ive looked through the settings under the “email” filter in config and cant find anything

Check out the following screenshot - it should help

I get a new error:

Error 1 of 2

Title:
Failed to send email.

Details:
Web response code: Precondition Failed: (Dundas.BI.OperationFailedException)
at ᙴᑨᔐᕳᓩᒪᘭᖗᘼᖙ.ᓴᖓᔒᖶᐁᕨᔗᔪᐙᕵ(MailAddress toAddress)
at ᙴᑨᔐᕳᓩᒪᘭᖗᘼᖙ.SendTestEmail(MailAddress toAddress)
at Dundas.BI.WebApi.Controllers.EmailController.SendTestEmail(EmailOptions options, Nullable`1 sessionId)

Error 2 of 2

Title:
The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Details:
Web response code: Precondition Failed: (System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)
at…

Hey,

As the error says, this has something to do with certificate installed in either client (dundas server) or email server. This link has details: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9983265/the-remote-certificate-is-invalid-according-to-the-validation-procedure
I believe you will need to ask your IT admin managing these servers. Let us know if you need any help further.