Display Bar values at the top of the Bar

I have created Barcharts and i want the individual Bar values to be displayed at the top of the Bar. For this purpose, I created Data Point labels and can see the values on the bar chart. But, in some cases, the values are either coming

1. alongside the bar or,

2. inside the bar or,

3. 90 degrees rotated Image titleImage title

i want the values to be displayed like for the bar with value 11 in the attached image.

Go to the Data Label Settings (the same place you created the data point labels) and adjust the layout. You want the following:

Placement = Outside

Rotation = None

Outside Alignment = Top

Thanks, Elia. But now for some bars (which have the highest values) don't show the values at all. Please see attached image.Image title

That's simply because there is no room for them. Try adjusting your left axis to create some space above the bars.

Thanks for your reply, Elia. If I understand correctly, I should adjust the scale of left axis (setting a custom maximum limit).

The thing is that these bar charts are in a report and I am marking the Left axis as NOT visible. These bar charts are going to be repeated for different departments. And thus the range of values for these bars can vary drastically from 1 department to another. Setting a maximum custom limit will destroy the overall look for the departments with low data values.

Is there some setting which can auto-adjust the bar height while at the same time ensuring that bar values are displayed at the top of all the bars (even the highest ones)?

You have the ability to introduce a margin to the axis. In the Left Axis properties, adjust the Maximum Margin to add some space above. You can do this either in percents of the size of the axis or in pixels (or both and the greater value will take effect), whichever fits your design better.

This margin will remain even when you uncheck the Visible property for the axis.

Thanks a lot, Elia. :)