Disable "Share" from toolbar and contextual menu

Hello all!

I’m looking for a way to remove the “Share” option from the contextual menu and toolbar for a specific dashboard. I tried disabling the share application privilege on the dashboard properties. However, both the share icon on the toolbar and the share menu in the contextual menu were still available to users. I also would like to keep the ability to export a selected table with a button script.

Thank you!

Update: It seems this was just a delay in the settings taking effect. The share options are gone today. Thanks for your help everyone!

1 Like

Hi Christopher,

One option that you may consider if users do not need to use the tool bar you can edit your dashboard initial view options in the properties to only show the menu.

I’m not sure how to only remove the Share option you mentioned.

I think the focus here is on the context menu - would your suggestion remove it from that?

Hi Christopher,

You can hide the “share” option via disable application privilege settings, but this is not applicable for admin. if you try to view the same dashboard as “standard user” you can’t see the “share” option in toolbar and the contextual menu.

Using the custom export function, we have an option to select particular table from the dashboard to export. Using the adapterIds property you can pass the value here… You can specify a list of ID’s corresponding to the ID’s of the specific visualizations you’d want to export. Since you’re only exporting a single one, an array with a single ID will work.
Please see the custom export function for your reference

Good catch, no it will not.

Thanks,
Derek

1 Like

Thanks for the response, Denil! When I tested using a standard user, there was no change in either the toolbar or the contextual menu. The share option was still present in both places.

And thanks for the tip regarding the export function. I have that script set up already and just wanted to make sure that removing the share option wouldn’t also prevent the export script from running.

1 Like

Hey @Denil, this actually just started working now. So, it’s another example of what I emailed about yesterday - a massive delay in things taking effect after being set up in Dundas. In some cases changes need a few minutes, others a full day (like this example). We have no idea what it could be, but it almost seems like Dundas is caching and then changes don’t take effect until the cache refreshes. No idea, but… this is example 3 now.

Hi Christopher,

After changing the application privilege settings, please check in the dashboard and logout from the Admin account and try to login as “standard user” and try to view the dashboard. The changes will reflect after check in the dashboard

1 Like