different text formatting for total rows/columns

Hi,

I’m trying to replicate the table below and have the average set for the total row/column formulas, but the problem is it’s showing as an integer. I need to get them to show greater precision (extra decimal place) compared to the data in the table. How do I do this?

Hi Lindsey,

If you want to get greater precision in formula column you may define the text formatting. You can configure format of the result value. Please see the attached screenshot.

This configuration gives you three decimal point in the result

Please see the link for your reference

https://www.dundas.com/support/learning/documentation/analyze-data/formatting-text#h2-metric-set-element-format

Please let me know if this works for you

Thanks
Denil Tharakan David | BI Solution Associate

Hi Lindsey,

I’m not sure the answer to your question. If you are trying to do a different text format in the total I would think that defining total calculation rule formula could perhaps get you what you need…I just don’t know if it’s possible to specify the custom text formatting in a Dundas formula.

Derek

1 Like

The text formatting is already set to N0 because that’s what I need in the table. If I change it, it changes for the whole table, not just the total rows/columns. Is there a way to adjust it for only the total row/column calculations? (calls never come in fractions, but the average number of calls certainly can!)