Data input on dashboard

Hi all, I’ve created a dashboard where people can look at a roster of clients and the services they’ve provided to them, as well as update the most recent service date using pretty basic data input from the dashboard, and then is added to the roster.

Everything was working great, but now that multiple people are using it at once I am getting data retrieval errors, but not all the time. The dashboard function still works and it looks like the function of data input is struggling when multiple user sessions are accessing it, inputting data, and retrieving the data to a visualization all at the same time.

The exception errors I’m seeing are

Data reader – responsible for data retreival

Dundas.BI.Data.ProviderReaderException

One or more errors occurred.

System.AggregateException

Operation cancelled by user.

System.InvalidOperationException

These errors seem to be happening more frequently when more people are in the dashboard at once.

I think what I need to do is call “current” to like the moment of button click or something along those lines, because it’s cancelling loading the data to the reader when someone else enters more data… the data collection is still working and once people refresh they can see their data input did happen!

I am wondering if anyone has run into this problem or is accounting for it in dundas already.

I am trying to wrap my mind around the best way to work around this, and think that if I can pretty much tell it to only try to refresh for data up to my button click or something along those lines, it may work, but I want to make sure I’m also not cancelling someone else’s actions.