Customize Column Header

Is it possible to customize the format of a column header? I have a date time hierarchy displaying the month level. I’d like to customize the format to MMM-yy. This is possible for rows under the custom text area but is it possible for column headers?

I could do a calculated element to format based on date ranges but then I lose the date time hierarchy and I really only want to display a rolling 12 months.

Thank you,
Derek

Maybe it is best I do this in the query? I will give it a go.

Hi Derek,

Unfortunately, we currently do not support customizing column header formatting in that manner. That said, you still have the option to change the CAPTION of the column header as needed. Do let me know if this is something important for your use case – if so, I can submit a feature request for this with our dev team.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry I am just seeing this now, but would customizing the format in the time dimension instead work for you? It is possible to create multiple time dimensions if needed and use them for different purposes.

Di’s answer is correct depending on which column headers we are talking about, but the last (bottom) row of column headers can be set using the column’s Header Text property. This can be set using a keyword referring to a hierarchy on Columns in the metric set, and you can add a MMM-yy format like with Custom Text.

1 Like

Thank you both for getting back to me. I was able to get something working that met the users needs. I sent a follow up email to support with a little more detail on what I was trying to do.