"Custom Views" in Dundas?

Can Dundas do “custom views” similar to how Tableau allows users to set filters, sorting, etc. and save it so that the next time the user comes back to the dashboard it’s set the way they left it? Tableau allows each user to save multiple customizations and to share them with others.

Is that what the “user UI customization” feature is for? I haven’t been able to find other references to it in the Dundas BI Support.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello,

Yes in Dundas BI we call this “personalization” and you can read more about it here.

Also as a note if you share the dashboard as a link it also saves the same things personalization saves within the link so you can send it to others and they’ll see it the same way.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s what I needed!

I was also looking for this, and reading the article, it looks like it only saves the most recent settings? I think we’re looking for the ability to save multiple custom views, not necessarily the last viewed settings, because we have a lot of managers logging into the dashboards to view data for different teams, time periods, and Associates. So they may have more than one view saved or want to minimize the number of clicks it takes them to reset the filters to their main view after filtering to individual Associates, etc.

I don’t think Dundas does that natively.

You could do that with writebacks to a database, and dashboard scripts to store, retrieve and manage the views but that’s quite advanced.

As Terrence mentioned, the ‘share’ link does save the custom view. So if the manager creates a link and saves it somewhere (a browser bookmark, an Excel spreadsheet or whatever), they can use that link to go directly to that setting with one click.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s a good tip!

Unfortunately, it seems that the dashboard doesn’t save which view (layer) the users are on within the link. Is there any way that we can save that?

(We have set up dashboards within layers so that users can filter all views by date simultaneously and there is one menu to navigate between all layers.)